Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Namaste





Namaste, sin namaste
I wonder what the
Dalai Llama'd say
You offer your body-
yet to my heart's dismay
All I wanted was
your grace, a simple gesture
but still not a single effort
when you walk my way

Passed away
the old you, replaced with
a new
but what values could
One hold if no respect
for a flesh temple
Pure anatomical gift
that of which
you abuse

Tongue-lashing
komodo dragon
All poisonous spurts
from the glands
but no teeth
Full-on-bark, no bite
but still might paralyze
if I set into her sights
with honeydew sliced
from the vine- she sips
the juice as we await
her next phase of
skin-shed, through speech
so calmly she evades the
swinging pendulum blade

Perdon a me while I
rest upon this bed
and unspool this
entire ball of thread
I suggest she and I get
some rest tonight,
yet she bewitchingly says-
"Let's be Gods, instead..."

It's been the phantom
hanging from an olive branch
Dropping on your windowsill
If lips could kill
She'd plant me with the very
Last kiss as
I hit the graveyard
of her poppy-seed soilfield

An oil spill of hymns
Hurricane of hallelujah
Woo-sah winds whip
Namaste, namaste
What would the
Prophet Muhammad or
Virgin Madonna say
Llama me mi salvadora
no escaping your aura
the negative refrain from
breaking your stance while
tip-toeing down my
bedroom's window frame
amidst crickets of the night
planning silent-escape

'Namah te'-
I bow to you,
despondently you catch
all the praise I
hoped to lay, pledging
Obeisance with each of
my hands
pressed against the
grains of sand, like a chapel
locked airtight to
suffocate the rain

A Yogic saying
Similar to Peace, Mahalo
kind words of praise- Shalom
As-Salaam Malakem
Aloha- shall we be taken
with humble greetings
we so for granted take them

The spirit
in me
Greets the spirit
in you
The divine spark
ignited by
chakras- floor to ceiling
kneeling mats of
floral tribute

We are all equal beings
on this plane
of sacred domain
How do I say this
in plain English?
Is it pure, is this too
unfamiliar like coded, scriptured
Sanskrit

No 'Pinky and the Brain'
tonight, scrap plans
to World dominate
Confiscate selfish ways
put your ego on layaway
For just one day, love thy neighbor
Do unto others as
you'd want them to do you
and you too, may find
Nirvana in Dharma, the end
of a path to reincarnate
our youth

King to reigning queen
Pneuma to your Psyche
World to your Meaning, the reason
for each new solemn phase
the God in me; the Goddess
in your meditative state
when we find Chi

These hands, like scissors
Cut through every difference
ever existed between
you and I
For hatred ever kills,
Love never dies-
Honor the purpose
in your life,
when you bow, and pray-
"Namaste"




(c) Paul LaTorre 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment