Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Garden (Mind) State

This here is a symposium
for blind ears and
deaf eyes
Opening the shut vault
of tastebuds, crack open the sky
let two bites from
this ruby red
pomegranate
line your stomach
with seeds nourishing,
to blazen six senses
while tickling your insides

Let the arils of pulp
compress, feel that percussion
in your chest- thump pressing
like a Dr. Dre beat, full of
bass but no treble, your ribcage
implodes from the tremble
let cardiac debris from the impact
hit walls, whip-lash into me

Taste the motivation
a springwell from the
Appalachian
Mountain's streams, dance
down your esophagus
quenching your carnal needs

Flaming sword from a golden stone
used to wield its way into the
trunk of this fallen tree
The serpentine nature of what
all men can be, yet we want to
lead; not into evil, self-shamed
naked debauchery- but purity

This vine-ripened birthplace
of the most wonderful
absynthe-laced, temptation
laden daydreams of you and me

I grab one shiny, bright, fleshy vessel
of knowledge
a utopian sprout spilling out
from a paradisian cornucopia
not sure if I'll be forgiven
for all my sins- but must live
while alive, so I do strive to make
mistakes, we humans are prone
to fuck up- and we hope for lust

Despite all the side effects;
endless bliss, headaches from citron
the fear of losing your citrus mist
grapes, seedless with purple blood
or figs and dates sweeter than
any pie or chocolate chips

It came tsunami-tide riding into my vision
a cascade of horrendous truth
none of these things were ever
the forbidden fruit,
that was your lips
yet still I will never
resist- an Eden from which
I can't unglue

Of course none of this
is my downfall- no end
of Man because of what his
Woman pursued,
I act for me- if either us two
should slip and succumb
to any pleasure,
we'll remember that it's
the flame of passion which
sparked
the Earth's creation

A Big Bang after it all,
placed oceans apart
these bodies of ours,
like art- when interlocked
in this promised land, our nirvana
it's not wrong
honest to God truth,
I only found salvation
tasting you







(c) Paul LaTorre 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment