Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Achilles Heel
















Is it tethered by connective
tissue to
the quadricep, a root reaching
from the ball of my foot

My one weakness,
does it follow no matter
where my paranoia
carries me

Past the river Styx
I become dipped in the
currents
of invincibility

but one part of me
left out, and therein lies
the only target for poison-tipped
toxic Hydra blood
covered arrows to fly
into the one narrow
spot which would spell
my last breath

Should I just succumb
to urges of fallacy
forgive to forget tragedies
I erased from the
frames of a mental tape
which I store in my brain
as a reference page

It corners me,
like Daniel
in the Lion's Den
but I must vanquish
the beast
before it pounces
when it's HIM or ME
you'd best believe
I'll be standing with their
blood
painting the square
as leather canvas,
some chariot of carnage
I will ride like a parade float
to the Temple of Solomon

Is this surreal or physical
some organ or literal
body part
can we tone it with cardio,
thigh presses or squats
can calves be
protected
so the tendon never snaps
collapse and buckle
like the legs of fawn
who were just birthed from
mother deer's womb

Sneaking through gates
of this city of Troy
in some forged plywood,
kamikaze
Horse
we coarse through our own
flaws and find the
path to remorse

In life, one finds it's easier to
betray than
be trusted
to lose the ones you love
than be the one to
fall in-luck
worst of all,
you usually falter
due to your own
giving ways

Because pride, like a
tunic or chestplate- it
lies by the breast
can easily be wounded,
punctured or removed

It's deceptive, you see
that all this time one spends
obsessed over feet,
when all along Achilles' Heel
beats right here

it's my Heart.




(c) Paul LaTorre 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment