Tuesday, August 10, 2010

AwOoooUu!



A chilling howl
at la Luna
as rolling clouds part
to expose motive

This roaming grove of
Wolves
found a lone pup,
weeping in the tall grass
right then,
they took me in as
their own

A canine thirst-
hunting
tracking
marking
trapping
until attacking
fate-unfavored hooved animals

Estrous at times,
hormones raging, I enter
heat
yet with no
exotica to nuzzle
fangs,
lick my cheek
or sniff the
scent of what truly
quenches me

I was brought into
the pack,
but I outgrew and can no longer
travel as a cigarette

A lone, smoking
wanderer
I fear I can never
be domesticated

More coyote than
great dane,
More Canis Lupus than
man's best friend

Many decoys were
sent,
yet none possess
that primal dominatrix
scent

My broad back has
supported strikes to the
neck of a
Wolverine

And though other tribes
threaten me,
I can't view them as
anything less than a
part of the clan

With night vision,
I see them
Clear-cut through
the haze

I'm the Alpha,
with no Omega or
Beta- they can't match,
& no one could
combat my strength
& keep pace, until the day
she came

A Lupine Lady
who wouldn't
stumble feet, nag me to
put an end to
the chase
or encumber me, she
doesn't slow
my pace,
not a step or beat

We mate a pair,
two compliments to create
our own apex
breed
and she is the one
I required from the start,
just the Loba I need,
because my
Wolf woman will
surely always
run
with me





(c) Paul LaTorre 2010

1 comment:

  1. Can I use this picture for a group image.I am creating a group on DeviantART and I want to use the the wolf howl that you make as the group picture.

    ReplyDelete