Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Seizing Change

Au gust of wind takes me to the 31st time you and I shared conversation.
Under the tarp of a cherry skyline, canvas of lime-hued stars glistening; Christmas time
with no yuletide jubilation.

Ju lied to me often, but I delight in deception...
the smallest spins of fact that would make my spinecracking pressures lessen.

A Fib you're wary to tell, just as well gave me power of perception...
Stealing breath; intercepting air like wildfires that swept in.

Ex-Sept embers never burned this close to cornfields...a maze of maize that paints a picture of what's concealed.
Embrace & devour separating space, engulf me in flames...Give me a garden of pain, to etch ashes in my brain.

May all your Junipers sprout, with no seeds of doubt in place. We walked sober through new endeavors, these deep ventures...
October won't be gone til November, give me thanks through December...
Then a new genesis, aging- you worry when thoughts brew. Each new year's frontier- don't falter and March through.
The architect of a fresh step...Only to never find coal from undermining me...
Press me close to your chest- feel warmth in the irony. Quietly we admire leaves, fall in Fall, and Spring in heat.

Always knowing these bare branches replenish in time, at least...New beginnings imminent, remembering no period brings a final sentence; it takes an absence of leave to relieve...
The true measure lives in your remembrance.

Don't fear the change- sieze it.
Death's temporary, and comes with reason
Find something to believe in
Reincarnated hope,
and we'll return- eternal
like the seasons.









(c)Paul LaTorre 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment