Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Friendship Hashshashin





"How the FUCK
can you NOT love Jazz, Julio?"
said while pulling a drag
in walked this sucia rubia beauty

though the type never
letting sentence frac-
to interrupt in midst of statement
makes me forget what
was worth framing[argument]
'stead now arranging,
in lamens terms
she had this fragrant
scent- I believe vanilla
and oh, jasmine
hints of probably lavender.


A Colorado claro,
Parejo Montecristo passed
between us both, ash befalling
the tip leaves smoke
she sips Amaretto,
rivets dagger-stares
through our throats.

"DIBS" utters him
"Fuck..."
under my tongue
Code says 'back off',
yet I insist.

"Play you a hand for her...
Spades, 5-stud or blackwater?"
He chooses my least palpable: Whist
(It's just a simple form of Bridge)
somehow I luck out,
although I win-
she falcons
fixed stares
in the direction of him.

She was the perfect
murderer
left ill-fitting glove at the
blood scene
I'm preparing verdict
as she resurfaces
conducting words,
she approaches us-
flesh tower of Babel
the tip of Bermudan Triangle
preparing to stifle
she intersects this path
of tobacco hash which hangs
between myself
and Julio.


Surrendering claim
I dispell chatell slavery
not to disrupt harmony
I'd let him lay her,
he never got much
back in the day, you see-
high school was the land
milk and honey for some
I enough- but him
never one trip
to the muff.


So here, in this paisley
black/grey tie.
I stand, restless circulation of thoughts
there he lies
rosary in hand...
Little did we know, Rubia carried
a Three-Letter secret
much deeper
than either J or I could see.


He unpeeled protection, she
wreckless ingestion
and noone saw
the HIV hatchet
until it meticulously hacked
him to scraps,
he took the sundering stab
and to think-

'PHEW'
because that
could have been
Me.





(c)Paul LaTorre 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment